What are the temperature and other guidelines for exterior painting?
I recently had a porch built – it features a huge planter box which is faced with T-1 siding. This siding is also used to hide the area beneath the stairs.
Because of delays getting the paint from the contractor, this siding has been wet many times. Some of it is discolored black and there is a mildewy smell.
Now the contractor has brought the paint. Do I need to wash this black stuff off or spritz if with bleach or just paint over it? I have Sherwin Williams premium acrylic housestain.
If I have to wash it, does this mean the siding needs to dry again? How do I know if the siding is too wet from recent rains to paint?
How late in the day can I paint, since the days are warm – above 60 degrees, but the nights are down in the 30s.
If the wood is dry, I would just wipe any dirt off and paint with Zinsser oil based primer and paint in an hour. The wood should be as dry as possible and the temp should be above 55 degrees. Check the paint label for exact instructions. http://www.zinsser.com/
- Painting exterior of my house?
- What is the lowest tempurature acceptable for exterior painting?
- What is the best kind of Paint to used for Painting Exterior Brick?
- Should I use interior or exterior paint for a bathroom? Any tips on painting a bathroom?
- exterior painting is best in what outside temperature?